Exodus 40 :34 – 37
” But if the cloud did not lift they did not set out….Until the day it lifted…”
This cloud guided them from the wilderness. it led them through the red sea and conducted them to mount Sinai. They rested when the cloud rested on the tabernacle. when it removed they followed it. It was a token of God’s presence. This cloud accompanied them and directed their journey from Succoth Exodus 12:20-22.
This verse speaks of waiting , faith and obedience. The obedience they had to God and acknowledging his power to protect them. In return it was required of them to be patient and wait on the lord, because the cloud was protecting them.
” …Until it lifted…” They had faith to wait on the lord Until the cloud lifted. Stubborn faith to wait until something tangible happens. To stay and wait at one point; Waiting on God for something to be moved, for something to happen, Hebrews 11: 1. They waited in hope that it would lift. They Believed their journey would continue.
I have put down some points that one can do while waiting on God to do something:
- We hope. We stay hopeful for what we want to see happen. Hebrews 11 :1
- We keep our minds focused on Christ. Isaiah 45: 22
- We think positively. Phillipians 4:8
- We believe that our current circumstance will change. That our light afflictions are momentary 2 Corinthians 4:17
- We depend on God. That as we wait he will fill us with strength until he changes our situation. Isaiah 40:31.
- We fast. We deny ourselves food and bad habits; and believe that we cannot depend on bread alone but the word of God. Matthew 4:4
I have applied the above points in my life and trust me it works. God came through for me during uncertain scary moments of my life. As you wait on the lord, be obedient to God. Acknowledge that he holds the power. Above all else, Wait! He is the almighty and will come though for you.
Let me know what you do while waiting on God: